Coaching code of ethics
As a One of many coach I am proud to abide by the following:
I AM PERSONALLY COMMITTED TO:
- Being a living example of the OOM vision, values and Soft Power Principles. I prioritise my needs and work on embodying soft power more every day.
- My own personal growth and development, including specifically, continuing professional development.
- Strive to be aware of my own personal issues and challenges that may impact my performance as a coach and seek help where necessary.
- Practicing honesty and integrity in all situations.
- Being inclusive and championing diversity and tolerance.
- Being fully aligned with OOM procedures & policies.
- Working collaboratively to further the purpose of One of many and best practice.
I COMMIT TO MY COACHEES THAT I WILL:
- Establish an environment of trust & mutual respect; including being on time, prepared & fully present.
- Provide a safe & compassionate space for growth. I am non-judgmental, loving, respectful & curious.
- Believe in the amazing potential of my coachee, helping them to uncover their own resources where possible, and teaching new resources with permission.
- Maintain partnership, recognising the individual journey, seasonal nature & sovereignty of each person.
- Agree clarity around expectations, boundaries and provide accountability.
- Foster inter-dependency, helping my coachee to develop both self-reliance and community.
- Always leave my coachee feeling either empowered, or where this is not possible, clearly supported until they are strong again.
- Not make claims beyond my abilities and refer appropriately.
- Always operate in a way that maintains confidentiality & higher good of the client, in alignment with the terms of the agreement.
- Be conscious and careful of conflicts of interest & take action to communicate them and reach resolution.
- Adhere to professional standards including complying with ICF code of ethics.
I EXPECT THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIOUR
- The coachee will be responsible for their own emotional state and wellbeing.
- While having and expressing emotions is celebrated in the coaching relationship, aggression, abuse and violence will not tolerated.
- Expect the coachee to continue to discover, grow, and challenge themselves (in the context of the seasonal nature of growth). If the coachee reaches a plateau where I am of no further service I will communicate this and end or refer as appropriate.